Skip to main content

I am Doing What I Can to Change My World.....


This is Aniwal...we call him Ani. (He is Ubaldino's little brother) Today he started school (after summer vacation...summer is winter here) with two new school uniforms, new shoes, and a new backpack full of school supplies. The kids here in Panama have to have uniforms for school. Without them, they cannot attend school.

Thanks so much to the people who helped support us. Your charity sent the little guy, who is an orphan by the way, to school for another year.

We cannot fix everything. But we can make a difference if we just start with the person we see, the one who comes to our attention.

Compassion is not just about looking at a sea of affliction across the face of this planet. That is an overwhelming problem that paralyzes us. Things change when you slow down and get to know someone. When you find you CAN do something for one person.

And if each of us just stops for the one in front of us, together, we CAN change the world.

Doing something, anything,
laura


Please check out our FULL WEBSITE at www.PovertyProjectInternational.com
If you want to chat, you can email us at povertyprojectinternational@gmail.com
Or if you want to help us out and DONATE, you can go to PAYPAL and send your donation to  povertyprojectinternational@gmail.comAll donations are tax deductible.


Live is an adventure, Live it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beware of Falling Mangoes

There is a book I love called An Embarrassment of Mangoes . Its about a couple sailing in the Caribbean, meeting locals, and collecting recipes. It is nearly my favorite book of all time because this is what I want to do with my life...sail the Caribbean and collect people and recipes. Little did I dream one day I would own a Tiki Bar and B&B in Costa Rica, much less one gifted with mango trees. In fact, I do think I am going to need to post a WATCH FOR FALLING MANGOES sign above my door as the still green fruit is falling off the trees. I have no idea why. A local told me the tree sheds the unwanted-unfit fruit before it ripens. I am glad no-one has shed me. So I am waiting for the fruit to ripen and dreaming of ways to use it: mango-chili chutney, mango mohitos, mango ice-cream, mango topped burgers. I am dreaming quite actively actually, as it looks like soon I will be the proud owner of an embarrassment of mangoes!