Skip to main content

Apples that Taste Like Roses: Agua de Manzana


Wild Apples that taste like roses.

As part of my wild food adventure, I picked a handful of these flowery tasting apples called agua de manzana or water apples or my favorite name rose apples and I turned them into homemade applesauce. Hot applesauce. not spicy hot, apple-pie-just-out-of-the-oven hot.

So I added some cinnamon and a little honey to a pot of sliced rose apples and cooked with a little added water until everything was hot and bubbly and the apples were soft and pink. The color from the skins made it all very pretty.

Then I served this super easy homemade water apple applesauce as a side to lunch.
Yum!

So what are rose apples good for?
  • detoxify the liver
  • improve digestion
  • protect against diabetes
  • improve the immune system
  • lower cholesterol
  • prevent certain types of cancers 
  • eliminate fungal and bacterial infections
  • reduce fever
  • even halt epileptic seizures.


AMAZING!

And they really do taste like roses when you eat them right off the tree. 

So many cool things growing in the wild!

Trying something new,
laura


Please check out our FULL WEBSITE at www.PovertyProjectInternational.com
If you want to chat, you can email us at povertyprojectinternational@gmail.com
Or if you want to help us out and DONATE, you can go to PAYPAL and send your donation to  povertyprojectinternational@gmail.comAll donations are tax deductible.


Live is an adventure, Live it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beware of Falling Mangoes

There is a book I love called An Embarrassment of Mangoes . Its about a couple sailing in the Caribbean, meeting locals, and collecting recipes. It is nearly my favorite book of all time because this is what I want to do with my life...sail the Caribbean and collect people and recipes. Little did I dream one day I would own a Tiki Bar and B&B in Costa Rica, much less one gifted with mango trees. In fact, I do think I am going to need to post a WATCH FOR FALLING MANGOES sign above my door as the still green fruit is falling off the trees. I have no idea why. A local told me the tree sheds the unwanted-unfit fruit before it ripens. I am glad no-one has shed me. So I am waiting for the fruit to ripen and dreaming of ways to use it: mango-chili chutney, mango mohitos, mango ice-cream, mango topped burgers. I am dreaming quite actively actually, as it looks like soon I will be the proud owner of an embarrassment of mangoes!